As the national voice of emergency medicine (EM), CAEP provides continuing medical education, advocates on behalf of emergency physicians and their patients, supports research and strengthens the EM community. In co-operation with other specialties and committees, CAEP also plays a vital role in the development of national standards and clinical guidelines.
CAEP keeps Canadian emergency physicians informed of developments in the clinical practice of EM and addresses political and societal changes, that affect the delivery of emergency health care.
CAEP champions excellence in Emergency Medicine in Canada by:
- Advocating for emergency physicians and their patients;
- Connecting emergency physicians;
- Leading emergency medicine education;
- Fostering research and innovation;
- Defining standards for quality emergency care; and
- Collaborating with emergency care providers.
Leading excellence in Emergency Medicine across Canada.
These values will help guide CAEP’s work: