What is #CAEP2020
The CAEP Annual Conference is Canada’s largest emergency medicine education event.
CAEP 2020 Theme: Better Together: Connect. Inspire. Thrive.
CAEP 2020 Vision: The vision of the CAEP 2020 conference is to improve patient care by bringing together the Canadian Emergency Medicine community.
CAEP 2020 Learning Objectives:
By the end of the conference, delegates will be able to;
- Apply up to date evidence to inform clinical decisions;
- Acquire practical skills by participating in interactive sessions;
- Connect and collaborate with other delegates;
- Consider strategies to ensure career longevity; and
- Influence the future direction of Emergency Medicine in Canada
Who attends CAEP?
- Physicians and Residents
- Medical Students
- Research Associates
- Nurses, Paramedics & Physician Assistants
Why should I attend CAEP?
With over 1100 delegates, you will learn from high yield education and latest research from leaders in EM. In addition you will connect with a diverse array of colleagues from across Canada.
Where will CAEP 2020 take place?
#CAEP2020 will take place in Ottawa at the Shaw Convention Centre.
When will the conference be held?
#CAEP2020 will take place June 1 – 4 with preconference with a preconference days on May 30 – 31.
How can I register?
What are the registration fees?
Do I need to register for specific events?
You will only need to purchase tickets for the following events:
- Academic Symposium
- Docs that Rock
- Welcome Reception (Guest ticket only)
- Resident and Medical Student Program (if you are not attending the entire course)
- Pre-conference CPD courses
I am bringing my family with me. What resources are available?
Children are welcome to attend all CAEP sessions with a registered delegate.
CAEP is pleased to provide a complimentary breastfeeding room should nursing parents wish to have a more private space to care for their children.
Details on childcare options and family friendly activities will be provided shortly.
What is the cancellation policy?
Registration forms will be processed only if accompanied by full payment of registration fees. Cancellations received in writing by February 29, 2020. will be refunded in full less a $125 administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after February 29, 2020. Only cancellations received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be processed. Substitution is permitted up to and including the first day of the conference. An alternate attendee name may be substituted for a confirmed registration for a $35 administration fee. These requests must be made in writing to email@example.com.
Online registration closes May 22, 2020. Delegates who wish to register after this date must do so on site.
Will I earn CPD credits?
Check back for confirmation on the number of Mainpro+ and Section 3 credits earned.
The QR code on your name badge may be scanned by the exhibitors in the exhibit hall. You have the option to accept or refuse whether your badge is scanned. If you accept to have your badge scanned you will have consented for the exhibitors to access your personal information and you may be contacted after the Conference. The personal information that will be provided includes: name and e-mail. Your personal information is taken from our registration database.
Where can I find the Schedule?
In an effort to be green, no paper copies of the program will be provided.
You can find the schedule on the website here.
CAEP Conference APP
- If you have the 2018 version uninstall it.
- To download visit:
- Click on the app store you use, and install the Chameleon Event App.
- Once installed, type CAEP in the search field and select it from the list when it appears.
Social Media and Photography
Pictures taken at the event may be used externally in CAEP’s marketing material and social media. If you do not want your picture taken, please notify the photographer.
The images and/or videos in this collection may be used on CAEP”s website (www.caep.ca) as well as in departmental communications or promotional products, such as publications, in social media, DVDs, displays, pamphlets and presentations. Uses include:
- engaging current members (internal communications)
- attracting prospective members (recruitment)
- enhancing stakeholder relations (marketing and outreach)
- informing parliamentarians (parliamentary relations)
- informing Canadian and international audiences (external communications)
Should I wish to have my name, portrait, image, interview, picture, photograph or video removed from CAEP’s marketing bank, I am to contact CAEP via firstname.lastname@example.org.