What is #CAEP23
The CAEP Annual Conference is Canada’s largest emergency medicine education event.
CAEP 2023 Theme: Together Towards Tomorrow
CAEP 2023 Learning Objectives:
By the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Name at least 3 new good practices, new techniques/pieces of evidence, or new innovations, or new strategies that you can apply to their emergency medicine practice.
- Network and collaborate with other emergency physicians from across Canada
- Integrate concepts of social cohesion and a recognition of the social, cultural, and linguistic plurality of practicing emergency medicine in Canada
- Recognize new and emerging research in Canadian Emergency Medicine
- Influence the future direction of Emergency Medicine in Canada
- Apply up to date evidence to inform clinical and health systems decisions
Where will #CAEP23 take place?
#CAEP23 will take place in Toronto at the Westin Harbour Castle, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, ON M5J 1A6
When will the conference be held?
#CAEP23 will take place May 28 with preconference days on May 26 – 27.
Future CAEP Conferences
#CAEP24 – Saskatoon
#CAEP25/ICEM – Montreal
#CAEP26 – Winnipeg
How can I register?
For details on fees and how to register, click here. If you have questions regarding registration please contact Jennifer Gale (email@example.com).
If you are sick and not feeling well, please do not attend the conference and follow all measures as outlined by public health.
Masks are not currently mandatory, however, CAEP encourages you to continue to mask if that is what you’re comfortable with. CAEP strongly encourages delegates to socially distance where possible.
Do I need to register for specific events?
You will only need to purchase tickets for the following events:
- Academic Symposium
- Docs that Rock
- Welcome Reception (Guest ticket only)
- Resident and Medical Student Program (if you are not attending the entire course)
- Pre-conference CPD courses
I am bringing my family with me. What resources are available?
Children are welcome to attend all CAEP sessions with a registered delegate.
CAEP is pleased to provide a complimentary breastfeeding room should nursing parents wish to have a more private space to care for their children.
What is the cancellation policy?
All event cancellations must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full refund (less $200 credit card admin fee) will be granted if notification is received by March 15th.
A 50% refund will be granted for cancellations made between March 16th and April 29th OR the Full amount (less $200 credit card admin fee) as a credit on your account to be used on future invoices. (event, membership or donations)
There are no refunds after April 29th, but we will transfer the balance (less $200 credit card admin fee) to another CAEP event or CAEP membership or Donations.
No balance transfers will be made after May 27th.
Social tickets are non-refundable.
Delegate Information & Exhibitors
A list of conference delegates (name, city, province) may be distributed to conference attendees.
If you would like to opt out of the delegate list, please email Gisele Leger email@example.com by May 18th at 17:00.
Interested in becoming involved in CAEP 2023 as a sponsor or exhibitor?
Sponsorship: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor: contact email@example.com
Where can I find the Schedule?
In an effort to be green, no paper copies of the program will be provided.
Click here for the 2023 Program Outline.
Social Media and Photography
Pictures taken at the event may be used externally in CAEP’s marketing material and social media. If you do not want your picture taken, please notify the photographer.
The images and/or videos in this collection may be used on CAEP”s website (www.caep.ca) as well as in departmental communications or promotional products, such as publications, in social media, DVDs, displays, pamphlets and presentations. Uses include:
- engaging current members (internal communications)
- attracting prospective members (recruitment)
- enhancing stakeholder relations (marketing and outreach)
- informing parliamentarians (parliamentary relations)
- informing Canadian and international audiences (external communications)
Should you wish to have your name, portrait, image, interview, picture, photograph or video removed from CAEP’s marketing bank, please contact CAEP via firstname.lastname@example.org.