Tuesday, June 6, 2017 • 13:30- 15:00
Track 4 – RESPIRATORY EMERGENCIES
WCC: Rainbow Theatre
Approach to Acute Respiratory Failure - Dr. Julian Marsden
This presentation will provide an approach to the patient presenting with undifferentiated acute dyspnea to help you on your next shift.
- Discuss a differential diagnosis of acute dyspnea
- Outline the causes not to miss
- Describe how to approach the undifferentiated acutely dyspneic patient
Approach to Hemoptysis - Dr. Shannon O’Donnell
This presentation will provide an overview of hemoptysis, including the definition of major versus minor bleeding, common causes, discussion of at-risk populations, and ED management.
- Review the common causes of hemoptysis
- Discuss ED management of patients with hemoptysis
- Discuss guidelines for patient disposition
Approach to Pneumothoraces - Dr. Erin Kenny
In this presentation, the most up to date emergency department approach to pneumothoraces will be presented. A number of cases and an interactive discussion on best management of each of these will be included.
- Learn who needs a chest tube and for how long
- Learn what kind of chest tube and where to put it
- Learn who needs admission and who can go home