Wednesday, June 7, 2017 • 08:30 – 10:30
Track 4 – TRAUMA
WCC: Rainbow Theatre
Clearance of Pediatric C Spine in Trauma - Dr. Joe Haegert
This presentation will discuss the current concepts around clearing the C spine in blunt trauma patients in kids and adults.
- Understand the clearance of C spine in awake patients
- Understand the clearance of C spine in unconscious patients
- Understand the pediatric C spine clearance
Trauma Systems....What Works to Improve Care - Dr. John Taylor
During the course of this presentation, systems and individual level factors that have led to improvements in trauma patient outcomes over the past two decades will be discussed. Specific patient cases will be used to illustrate how systems improvements can save lives.
- Describe recent advances in clinical trauma care
- Understand the importance of trauma systems in improving trauma care
- Reflect on their role within their regional trauma systems
|LO93 – Prognostic value of S-100B protein for prediction of post-concussion symptoms following a mild traumatic brain injury: Systematic review and meta-analysis||Dr. Eric Mercier|
|LO94 – Prognostic value of neuron-specific enolase (NSE) for prediction of post-concussion symptoms following a mild traumatic brain injury: A systematic review||Dr. Eric Mercier|
|LO95 – A prospective evaluation of mild traumatic brain injuries in a working population in Edmonton, AB||Dr. Lindsay Gaudet|
TEVAR in Blunt Thoracic Aortic Injury - Dr. Kevin Lee
The role of TEVAR in blunt thoracic aortic injury, including indication, timing, procedure and complication, will be discussed.
- Understand the indication of TEVAR in blunt thoracic injury
- Understand the timing of TEVAR in blunt thoracic injury 1
- Be familiar with the procedure and complication of TEVAR