Sunday, June 4, 2017 • 13:00 - 14:30
Track 4 – FOAMed
WCC: Rainbow Theatre
Can't Miss Diagnoses in Social Media - Dr. Daniel Ting
An overview of various presentations of social media disengagement and management strategies to overcome them will be presented. This presentation is aimed at the social media novice.
- Simple steps to get started in social media
- Use social media for learning in residency
- Use social media for continuing medical education
FOAMed at the Forefront of Quality Assurance in Airway Management - Dr. Hugh Scott
This presentation will focus on how FOAMed has contributed to making airway management safer for patients by giving the clinician both technical and mental tools.
- Make airway management safer through FOAMed
- Develop a confident mindset for airway management, lessons learned from FOAMed
|L028 – The Featured Leadership & Organization Workplace (FLOW) Hacks Series: Using the FOAMed domain for knowledge exchange and transfer of emergency department quality improvement projects||Dr. Dave Savage|
|L029 – ILearnEM.com: A curation of quality FOAM resources to learn the fundamentals of emergency medicine||Dr. Alexander Mungham|
|L030 – Using a Massive Online Needs Assessment (MONA) to develop a Free Open Access Medical education (FOAM) curriculum||Dr. Teresa Chan|
Quality vs. Quantity: A Critical Appraisal - Dr. Fareen Zaver
Digital education – a critical appraisal of quality metrics. How do we determine the quality of the vast number of digital resources available? What quality metrics are available? This talk will be applicable to resident learners, faculty and educators.
- Understand the critiques of digital education
- Understand various quality metrics
- Apply the appropriate quality metrics to online resources