Description: Aeromedical evacuation is a critical service in rural and remote communities, but is especially important across Northern regions. We will provide an overview of aeromedical evacuation systems worldwide and look at regional patterns in Northern Labrador.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the challenges of medical transport in austere and remote environments.
- Observe and interpret patterns of use in aeromedical evacuations.
- Identify common issues that may arise in the transport of critically ill patients.
- Understand the resources in remote environments.
- Appreciate the physiologic stresses of flight.
- Improve knowledge of patterns of use in medical evacuations.