Description: A presentation on the evacuation of the northern lights hospital emergency department in Fort McMurray on May 3rd 2016. Key point being discussed: how teamwork came together to relocate all patients to a field hospital.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Know about the importance of teamwork in adverse conditions in an acute care setting.
- Be familiar with the evidence that supports interprofessional teamwork in an acute care setting.
- Identify roles in interprofessional teamwork when presented in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Triage exists for a reason.
- Triage requires constant adaptation in a changing environment.
- Anticipation followed by organized action is key.