Description: ImageSim is an online competency-based learning tool that helps health care professionals improve their diagnostic knowledge and interpretation of medical images. The learning system simulates the presentation of medical images just like you would get them in clinical practice and emphasizes deliberate practice such that you get hundreds of case examples. “You make the call” and get immediate feedback after each case. You also get a running tab of your performance and it is benchmarked to the performance of residents, staff ED, and content experts.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the diagnostic challenge for emergency physicians.
- Understand why the emergency physician is prone to diagnostic errors.
- Apply evidence based education strategies to improve the emergency physician’s diagnostic competency towards the goal of improved health outcomes.
- Emergency physicians do not routinely get feedback on their cases so often they do not know what they do not know.
- Evidence has shown that emergency physicians could improve their diagnostic accuracy to the level of content experts (e.g. radiologists).
- Technology now makes this goal possible in all health care settings.