Description: Fifteen airway cases and a string of evidence-based pearls.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Review difficult airway scenarios and address controversies in their management.
- Outline clinical pearls for managing complex decision making and psychological stress involved in difficult airway management.
- Recommend strategies for skill development and retention for HALO procedures required in difficult airway scenarios.
- The oxygen saturation does not determine the need for a surgical airway.
- The ED awake intubation is often the safest approach for managing apnea intolerant patients.
- The patient determines the type of laryngoscope, not the clinician.