Description: Leadership (like the practice of medicine and parenting) provides great opportunities for self-improvement. Leadership books and courses proclaim “recipes” for success, but can provide a useful framework. Experiential learning involving self-reflection, feedback and mentoring is difficult but invaluable, and will be illustrated with 10 leadership lessons learned the hard way.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Know a useful framework for leadership.
- Know an approach to experiential self-reflective leadership.
- Know some “lessons learned the hard way” that they can apply to their own leadership.
- Listen to others’ perspectives.
- Develop a collective vision and plan together.
- Perfection gets in the way of good.