Description: To review what testing and treatment should be done in children with fever < 3 months of age. There has been a change in treatment and testing guidelines.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Highlight new testing guidelines for < 3 month olds.
- Look at epidemiological changes in < 3 month olds.
- Highlight the disappearance of Listeria as a pathogen in <1 month old.
- Blood testing and cultures for otherwise well children may not be required for 1-3 month olds.
- Urine testing should still be performed.
- Ampicillin may no longer be required in the general population.