Description: Why should an emergency physician talk about exercise with their patients? Practical application of exercise into your daily life and its use as medicine for your patients.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the health benefits and safety of adopting regular exercise for physicians and their patients.
- Use the physical activity vital sign as part of clinical visits.
- Provide approaches to successful and brief exercise prescription.
- Any minute of physical activity is a good minute of physical activity.
- Physical activity is an ‘over the counter’ medication that can be used by most everyone, and is best taken daily.
- If you have difficulty finding motivation to move, just begin, and motivation will find you.