Description: We will discuss preparation and stabilization of acutely unwell patients so they can be transported as safely as possible.
- Summarize the factors that impact transport decision making.
- Prepare your patient for optimal transport by ground, fixed wing, or helicopter transport
- Minimize the time spent by a transport crew in your facility
- Tell the transport physician if this is a time sensitive problem
- Know what resources you have available to help you prepare/stabilize your patient
- Tell the transport physician about the relative rate of deterioration
Biography: Medical school/FRCPC EM Queen’s University
Clinical Associate Professor University of Calgary
Transport Physician/PHRM Education Director STARS