Description: I will review and summarize current challenges facing Canadian EMS services in treating and transporting major trauma patients and associated evidence.
- Trauma and EMS overview: Epidemiology and Mandate
- Chest decompression depth issues and intervention options
- Advanced airway options for EMS
- Chest decompression depth is greater than most catheters
- Surgical airway options include bougie-cric as preferred method
- Evidence for RSI in EMS trauma resuscitation remains low quality
Biography: VP Clinical and Medical Programs BCEHS Clinical Professor UBC Adjunct Professor Dalhousie University