Wednesday, May 30, 2018 • 10:30 - 12:00
Track 2 - CRITICAL CARE
Track Chair: Dr. Dennis Djogovic
Telus Room 108-109
Enter the Sepsis Octagon - Drs. Dennis Djogovic, David Sweet, Jonathan Gaudet , and Robert Keyes
Description: Join Dr Dennis Djogovic as he sets three hardened clinician combatants against each other to dissect, deride and debate the current landscape in Sepsis management. Drs. Dave Sweet, Jonathan Gaudet and Rob Keyes won’t be holding back when they meet in the “Sepsis Octagon”. Don’t miss this epic match.
- Identify the integral components of sepsis care that rely on excellent ED care
- Appreciate the evolution and controversies of sepsis care evidence and practice
- Learn strategies to incorporate best evidence and physiologic principles in ED care
Burn Resuscitation: Ready, Set…Oh No - Dr. Dennis Djogovic
Description: Wherever you work and whatever your experience, some cases will always make you sweat. The massive burn patient is one of them. Dr Dennis Djogovic will take you through the most current literature, protocols and experience, and although you may never want to meet the massive burn patient, after this session you will be ready for them. Can you afford to miss this one?
- Follow the care of the acutely burned patient during their journey from injury to admission
- Incorporate and utilize the most up to date evidence and treatment protocols recognized for treatment of the massive burn patient
- Take incorporated knowledge back to local EDs to continue updated burn care