Description: The history of social media goes back at least 2,500 years. The story will be told in a three-act play involving the audience.
- Define social media and provide some examples
- Understand the criticisms of social media
- Find out what Socrates, Pope Leo X and Sir Isaac Newton have to do with social media
- Social media is interaction among people via electronic means.
- Criticisms of social media date back 2,500 years.
- It is not the tool that is important but how you use the tool.
Biography: Dr. Milne is the Chief of Staff at South Huron Hospital Association in Exeter, Ontario, Canada. He has been doing research for over 30 years publishing on a variety of topics. He is passionate about skepticism and critical thinking. He is the creator of the knowledge translation project, The Skeptics’ Guide to Emergency Medicine (www.TheSGEM.com).