Description: Discussion of TREKK network, resources, education, and other activities.
- Learn about the TREKK knowledge mobilization network
- Become familiar with TREKK resources, research, and education initiatives
- Learn about TREKK Pediatric Packages (PedPacs) to guide assessment and management of various pediatric conditions in a general ED
- TREKK is a national network connecting front-line clinicians, researchers, and families from 68 organizations across Canada
- TREKK resource development and education sessions are guided by a 2013 national needs assessment with over 1400 general ED healthcare professional and nearly 900 health consumers
- Over 700 evidence-based resources for children’s emergency care can be found on trekk.ca
Biography: Mona Jabbour, MD, MEd, FRCPC is an Associate Professor in Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine and Vice-Chair/Chief of Pediatrics at CHEO, with cross-appointment to the Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa. She is Co-Director of TRanslating Emergency Knowledge for Kids (TREKK), a national network funded by the (Networks for Centres of Excellence) NCE to improve pediatric emergency care in all ED settings.