Description: Using case examples, the presenter will provide “need to know” information to help participants manage common oral and dental emergencies.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between oral injuries that do or do not need intervention
- Learn the steps to stabilize dental trauma until the patient can be seen by a dentist
- Learn a simple approach to single tooth anesthesia
- Most oral lacerations need only conservative management
- Teeth can be splinted with dermabond and the nasal bridge from N95 mask
- A periapical nerve block is a simple way to obtain proper anesthesia in dealing with emergencies of the maxillary teeth